In this post we would like to give some security tips to our users on how to protect their accounts with XBTFX and that of their Bitcoin.
- We want to remind everyone to turn Two Factor Authentication on, XBTFX supports Google Authenticator so it is extremely simple to set it up. Check our step-by-step guide how to do that : https://support.xbtfx.io/2fa-setup-xbtfx/
- Make sure that the e-mail you have used for registering with XBTFX has a different password from your login in XBTFX. Big websites and services get hacked almost daily and malicious hackers can easily find decrypted passwords of those hacked websites.
- Ensure your Trading Account Password and your Client Portal password are different. XBTFX generates a random strong password upon MT5 account creation, however, it is generally best practice to change that in the event your e-mail gets hacked.
- Every time you visit XBTFX Client Portal login page located at https://my.xbtfx.io or any other page of XBTFX ensure that the URL in browser is with xbtfx.io and that Secure Connection is established.
- XBTFX and any of its employees will never ask you about your password to any of the services we provide.
- We strongly recommend the use of Cold Wallets to store your non-trading account crypto currencies. Trezor and Ledger are among the most popular Cold wallets.